Looking for a fun and surprising do it yourself? By diverting a glass jar and recycling old varnish that vegetated in the bathroom you will be able to give life to an original and unique vase! You can then imagine this technique for other media such as flowerpots, pencil holders or mugs. Let’s go!
- A glass jar or bottle
- Varnishes of the colors of your choice
- A container type basin or plastic box (to be discarded later)
- A Chinese wooden wand
- A spray of paint (optional)
- Masking tape if you want to define the space where you paint your vase(optional)
Budget: Between 10 and 15 euros
Duration: 20 minutes
1. For our part, we decided to spray paint our glass jar which will allow the varnish to come out better in a second time. But you can very well use a white terracotta container or leave the transparent jar as it is. To beak your jar, sit outside, protecting your workspace with newspaper. When done, let it dry for about 30 minutes.
2. Fill your plastic container with lukewarm water. Then, start pouring in the varnish of your choice (here fuchsia pink and black) by creating arabesques. The varnish should not be too old because if it is not enough fluid, it will not stay on the surface of the water but will sink to the bottom! Do not hesitate then to mix your varnishes stirring the colored water with your wooden stick. It must be very fast otherwise the varnish stiffens on the surface of the water.
3. Dip the bottom of your jar into the water with varnish. If you want the varnish to cover the whole of your jar, plan a deeper container. Quickly turn the jar on itself so that the varnish clings to its walls and remove it from the water. The set should only take a few seconds!
In the end
Let your vase transformed into a vase dry for about 30 minutes. When it is perfectly dry it will be able to welcome the bouquets and dried flowers that you wish!