Make this shape to hang or hang for a very geometric design!
Do you remember those little magnetic sticks with which we built (with more or less success) objects in primary? Today, we will go back to childhood by building a geometric shape in three dimensions, but this time … with paper straws! In addition to being fun, this tutorial teaches you how to make a graphic and design object that will decorate your home.
– paper straws
– a nail or a needle
– scissors to cut the thread
Budget: around $10
1. Start by passing the wire inside three straws. Iron the thread through the first straw and tighten the assembly. Tip: use a nail or needle to pass the thread through the straws.
2. Then insert the thread through two new straws, then close the new triangle by ironing in the straw next to the last straw in which you just passed the thread.
3. Continue as in the previous step, passing the thread successively in two straws, then in the straw located nearby until you obtain 4 triangles. Remember to tighten the set with each new triangle made.
4. Pass the thread through the straw in front of the previous exit point, then add a tenth straw. Then insert the thread into the second straw located just near the last added straw. Pull the thread to tighten the book and give it volume as in the picture.
5. Iron the thread through one of the straws from the top of the work and add two new straws. Then pass the thread into the straw forming the base of the triangle thus formed.
6. Insert the thread into the straw next to it forming a base, then add two new straws.
7. Iron the thread into the straw of the triangle made in step 5, then add one last straw and pass the thread through the adjacent straw.
8. Pull on the wire to give your structure extra volume.
9. In the same way as before, create an additional triangle by adding two straws. Tuck the center of the shape slightly inwards, then connect the tip of the triangle to the main shape with a straw.
10. Lift the tip you just connected with the new straw to get the same shape as the picture.
11. Consolidate the structure by adding three straws forming a triangle at the base of the structure.
In the end
Rather simple, no? You can ask the geometric shape on furniture, fix the wall or the ceiling suspension for an original decoration. You can also paint it with a spray of paint to match your decor.
Did you like this tutorial? Send us photos of your version of this DIY on our Facebook page, and find other ideas on our Pinterest!