Make a design lamp with wooden dowels!
Wood is a warm material that probably reminds you of long-lasting memories of Jenga. But if ! You know, this famous building game! We show you how to easily make a Jenga-inspired design lamp with wooden dowels.
– 124 wooden dowels (7 cm long and 5 mm wide)
– Some pieces of card
– Glue (glue gun recommended for more precision and speed)
– A pencil with paper
– A cutter
– A bulb holder
1. Start by making squares with your wooden pegs in the same way as in the picture.
2. Then assemble 3 squares together to create the base of your lamp.
3. Cut out a piece of cardboard to the dimensions of your squares.
4. Cut a hole the size of your lamp holder in the same carton, then assemble it with your base.
5. Put a first square on the cardboard to hold the whole.
6. Now is the time to make your own lamp. To do this, stick a square side as in the example.
Then a second over, in the same direction as the first …
And so on.
Repeat until your lamp looks like a tower.
In the end
Your Jenga style lamp is ready, you just have to add a bulb and you’re done!
Admire the result: you get a very beautiful light effect thanks to the star shape of the lamp.
Thanks to LindaRoseDesign for this tutorial, you can find her work in her shop etsy.
Did you like this tutorial? Send us photos of your custom wooden dowel lamps on our Facebook page, and find other ideas on our Pinterest!