Highlight your favorite plant with a DIY wooden stand, it’s easy!
When you have a lot of plants at home, it’s a good idea to be able to raise some of them. Whether to showcase a rare specimen, put your favorite plant out of reach of a pet or create levels in your indoor jungle, you will enjoy doing this DIY.
– Wooden cleats of section 4 X 2 cm: 3 X 45 cm and 3 X 18 cm
– A screwdriver
– Wood glue
– 9 screws
– A wood saw
– One meter
Budget: $50 USD
Duration: 2 hours 30 mins
1. Draw markers on the wood to obtain the measurements shown on the diagram.
2. Cut the wooden battens to the desired size.
3. With the drill and a fine drill, form pre-holes where the different elements will be screwed together.
4. Position the three elements that will form the central node of the tablet and insert the screws into the holes.
5. Apply some wood glue where the elements will meet. Press the pieces together and screw with a screwdriver. Once the elements are firmly in place, make sure that the screws are firmly tightened one last time.
6. Do the same for the legs of the shelf: for each, glue the pieces to be assembled and then screw them together tightly.
7. Ensure the stability of the assembly and tighten the retaining screws as needed. Drop a large flower pot on the stand. The bigger the pot, the better it will settle on the base and will be stable.
In the end
You can modify the measures of the model if necessary to adapt your support to other flowerpots, or to make several shelves by varying the height to create different levels for your plantations.
Did you like this tutorial? Send us photos of your plants through our Facebook page, and find other ideas on our Pinterest!