Make this small piece of furniture to give an industrial style to your decoration!
If plumbing sometimes rhymes with small or big problems, it can surprisingly take on a completely different role in decoration. The brass tubes have a refined color and an industrial aspect that correspond totally to the trends of the moment. Today, we will learn how to create a small piece of furniture with wood and copper tubes.
– a wooden board 40 cm long, 35 cm wide and 2 cm thick
– 2 copper tubes of 200 cm and 16 mm diameter
– 6 copper tees 16 mm diameter
– 8 90 ° angled fittings of 16 mm diameter
– a pipe cutter that can open more than 16 mm
– a tape measure
– adhesive tape
Budget: around $50
Duration: 2 hours
1. Start by cutting the following pieces into the copper tubes:
– 6 pieces of 35 cm
– 6 pieces of 7.5 cm
– 2 pieces of 25 cm
– 2 pieces of 15 cm
Our tip: to optimize the cutting of tubes, cut five pieces of 35 cm and a piece of 25 cm on the first tube. Cut all the other pieces on the second tube.
2. Once the tubes are cut, prepare them for assembly. Our trick: put a small piece of tape on the ends of the tubes to create more resistance and block them together.
3. The structure of the piece of furniture is made of two squares connected together by three pieces of 35 cm. The wooden board rests on the two upper pieces.
Assemble the first square. To do this, take a piece of 35 cm and add an elbow at each end to create the first side of the square.
Continue the left side with a piece of 25 cm, a tee pointing upwards, a piece of 7.5 cm and finally an elbow fitting turned to the right.
Build the third side by attaching a 35 cm piece in the elbow fitting, then attach another elbow fitting facing down at the end.
Finally, finish the fourth side with a piece of 7.5 cm, a tee up, a piece of 15 cm, again a tee turned up and finally and a piece of 7.5 cm.
Repeat the same operations to create the second square but inverting both sides with the tee fittings so that they can face each other.
4. Assemble the two squares with the last three pieces of 35 cm.
5. Place the wooden board on the two top pieces. Depending on the type of wood used and the desired rendering, you can apply a coat of oil or varnish. Our trick: if you want to immobilize the board without fixing it with visible screws, screw four small screws on the inside of the tubes on the inside.
In the end
Your piece of furniture is now finished! Multifunctional, you can use it as a bedside table, coffee table or extra stool! Clean the copper parts regularly with a suitable product and your furniture will go through the years without any problem!
Did you like this tutorial? Send us photos of your version of this DIY on our Facebook page, and find other ideas on our Pinterest!