Create an original kit from a simple piece of felt!
Of the items on the endless list of things to buy for college art classes, color pencils were certainly the ones that served the most. But these colored pencils were also accompanied by one of the most frustrating things that could happen at the bottom of the backpack: the metal box that opens and flips all the pencils! Today, we are going to take a nose at this phenomenon by learning to make a practical kit for colored pencils!
– a piece of felt 50 cm long and 25 cm wide
– 70 cm of wired cotton cord 2.5 mm in diameter
– a cutter
– colored pencils
– a square
Budget: around $10
Duration: 1 hour
1. To begin, mark the markers of the bands of support through which the colored pencils will pass. Each pencil is held by two strips of felt 8 cm from the lower and upper edge. The felt strips are 2 cm long, 1 cm high and are 1 cm apart.
2. Cut the strips with a cutter following the marks, then insert the colored pencils. At one end cut a 1 cm cut at 12.5 cm from the top edge and 2 cm from the side edge.
3. Fold the chalk in half and pass through the notch. Finally, tie a knot to block it.
In the end
You have just made a nice kit for crayons! You can now discover our video tutorial to customize your pencils before putting them in your new kit!
Did you like this tutorial? Send us photos of your version of this DIY on our Facebook page, and find other ideas on our Pinterest!