Did you ever dream of being able to make a beautiful mirror with simple plastic spoons?
Looking for an original and fun DIY idea for a Wednesday afternoon with your kids? Get ready to make a small stock of plastic spoons, the following tutorial should please you! Today, we are going to learn how to make a flowered and colored mirror with plastic spoons.
– a jigsaw
– a glue gun
– a square
– a thin MDF board of 25 x 25 cm
– a round mirror of 15 cm diameter
– about 150 small plastic spoons
– two paint bombs with close shades (preferably low pressure)
– a cutter
– a tube of instant glue type Super Glue
– a pencil
Budget: about $30
Duration: 2 hours
1. Start by drawing the outline of the mirror by placing it exactly in the center of the 25 x 25 cm square. Then draw a circle 25 cm in diameter on the board. Our trick: to draw a circle easily, nail a nail in the center and use a string at the end of which you place a pencil at the distance corresponding to the desired radius.
2. Cut the 25 cm diameter circle with a jigsaw.
3. Cut the spoon handle with a cutter, and then fix them on the cut circle starting at the edge. To fix them, put a dot of glue on the base of the hollow end.
4. Continue row by row until you reach the mirror outline.
5. We will now paint the mirror with a degraded effect. To begin, apply a layer of the darkest shade everywhere. To paint, position the bomb about 20 cm from the spoons, then make regular circular motions. Our tip: paint bombs sold in street-art stores are cheaper and better suited for this type of use than those sold in DIY stores. Their low pressure facilitates handling and allows greater precision.
6. Apply a layer of the lightest paint by making circular movements from the center to half of the rows.
7. Fix the mirror on its location.
Did you like this tutorial? Send us photos of your version of this DIY on our Facebook page, and find other ideas on our Pinterest!