Make your own design lamp entirely in cardboard!
Looking for how to recycle your old cartons? With little material and a lot of imagination, we propose you to realize a design lamp of the most beautiful effect!
– An LED bulb and its support
– A small piece of fabric
– A piece of Velcro
– A rule
– A pencil with paper
– A cutter or scissors
1. Draw 5 mm by 8 cm strips on your cardboard.
2. Cut them. The number of strips to be made depends on the width of your carton.
3. Stick the cardboard strips on the flat side to obtain a 8×8 cm square. You will need 20 squares like this one.
4. Assemble 4 of your 8 cm squares into large squares and glue them together.
5. Assemble your large squares to make a 5-sided cube.
6. Draw on another carton the base of your lamp. Here is the cutting plan:
7. Cut (red lines) and fold (green lines) as in the model below.
9. Glue a piece of fabric inside the box.
10. Stick a piece of Velcro this time to the back of the box (so you can close the lid).
11. Cut 4 circles of 2 cm in diameter into your cardboard scraps to make them the feet of your base.
12. Then paste them.
13. Make a hole on top of your base to tuck your lamp holder in.
14. Install your stand, and pull out the wire by making another hole on the side of the base.
15. Make 4 triangles from 2 squares of 2 cm diameter in the cardboard scrap.
16. Stick them on the top of your base, they will serve as a reference to install the top of your lamp.
In the end
You can now drop the cube on its base and your cardboard lamp is finished! You just have to close the shutters and turn on the lamp to admire the result.
Thanks to LindaRoseDesign for this tutorial, you can find her work on her shop etsy.
Did you like this tutorial? Send us photos of your personalized cardboard cube lamps on our Facebook page, and find other ideas on our Pinterest!